Wednesday, January 26, 2011

How to remove Antivirus.Net


Antivirus.Net is a rogue security product that pretends to find malicious code on a victim’s machine in order to frighten him or her into purchasing this useless application. It’s a member of the FakeSpyPro family of rogues.

Antivirus.Net graphic interface


(Click on graphic to enlarge)

Antivirus.Net scan window

 
(Click on graphic to enlarge)

PDF Exploit that leads to new FakeSpyPro clone:



(Click on graphic to enlarge)

How to remove Antivirus.Net:

If  Antivirus.Net has infected your pc, you should remove it immediately. Click here to use VIPRE to remove Antivirus.Net from your computer now.

9 comments:

  1. I try to search items, such as antivirus removal, and it doesn't let me open programs, or even let me put in search queries. Help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin,

    Try using VIPRE Rescue, you have to download the program on another computer and put it on a thumb drive. Then use the instructions to run the program on the infected computer in Safe Mode.

    Find the file to download and the instructions here: http://live.sunbeltsoftware.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to download VIPRE, and it tells me that it cannot download until it uninstalls Avast! Antivirus...I find this a suspicious action, enhanced by the fact that the mascot appears to be in fact, a viper, and given that vipers, snakes and serpents are traditionally untrustworthy creatures, at least according to certain mythologies.

    Why is this antivirus software wanting me to uninstall already existing antivirus software?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Foleythegreat,

    You can not run more than one antivirus product at a time. Your machine will get real slow and sometimes even blue screen. You do not have to use VIPRE, keep using Avast. Unfortunately Avast will not remove this rogue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Y'know what? My computer's been going real screwy on me, anyway! Random pop-ups, Avast tells me it won't work anymore, etc etc...I'll give you guys a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I tried your above VIPRE Rescue plan~
    and so... it worked the way you said it would,
    but just to clearify and be sure, now that I'm done scanning, does the Rescue also removes Antivirus.net the moment it detects it? or do I still have to download more of your programs to remove it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. also to add-on to my last msg, thank you SOOO much for everything, I thought I had to reformat everything AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once you have run the rescue disc, you can restart your PC in normal mode and it should be back to working order.

    ReplyDelete